Known as the “Coca-Cola” route, the Marangu route is a classic trek on Mount Kilimanjaro. It is the oldest, most well established route. Many favor the Marangu route because it is considered to be the easiest path on the mountain, given its gradual slope. It is also the only route which offers sleeping huts in dormitory style accommodations.
- Kilimanjaro Intl Airport/Arusha
- Moshi/Kilimanjaro Intl Airport
Price: From $ per person
- All Park fees, Picnic lunches. Rescue fees, Camping fees,
- All transfers as Indicated in the itinerary above,
- Hotel overnight after trek in Arusha.
- Accommodations based on double occupancy – Sleeping in the dome tents.
- Meals as per the above itinerary – 3 Meals a day – Vegetarians and Non vegetarians.
- Services of our staff throughout. The cook will be responsible for your 3 delicious meal a day.
- Services of a Senior Trekking Guides and assistance guide.
- All baggage handling – Recommended weight for clients’ backpack to be carried up the mountain is 15kgs. Kindly allow 5 kg for personal daypacks including Cameras.
- We will provide 1 guide and 1 assistant guides in this trekking. Our Guides are licensed and have received training from Mt. Kilimanjaro National Park Instructors.
- Transfers to the gate before and After Trek to Arusha.
- Services of our Camping equipment. These are Tents, Sleeping mattress, camping table and chairs etc.
- Soft drinks, beer, wine and spirits (as well as gifts like local crafts etc)
- Any local and international flights tickets (airline).
- Tips for staff such as guides, porters and the cook staff
- Fees for passport, visas, immunizations and insurance
- Meals and expenses en route to Tanzania
- Laundry, phone and other items of a personal nature
- We advice our clients to bring their own first Aid Kit.
All prices are in US Dollars per person based on double occupancy accommodations unless otherwise stated.
Other Travel Info
Budget Camping Safari: food supplied (Menu)
Fruit, egg, Fruit juice, eggs, bread/French toast/plain toast/pancakes.margarine/jam/honey/peanut-butter,cereals/porridge,Milo Pancakes, Oats, Omelette’s, tea/coffee
Sliced carrot & cucumber strips, seasonal fruits, boiled eggs, vegetable/meat cutlets, sandwiches (egg/cheese/tuna/tomato).
Soup (Mushroom/cucumber soup, Pumpkin soup/chicken/vegetable) bread, a meat dish, rice/pasta/potatoes, Fish curry/Noodles, vegetable dishes(Vegetable Kish etc, fruit, some local dishes which am sure they will be more interested to you.
Bush made cake accompanied with local Brewed Tanzanian coffee, Tea, Cup of hot Chocolate, Milo’s etc.
Below is the list of the gears that you should bring with you for trekking.
FOR FEET: Mt. Boots, Socks – at least 4/5 pairs (This must be thin and thick ones) 1 pair of gaiters, Sandal/open shoes,(optional)
1 thermal (warm) trousers, 1 thermal (warm) long underwear, 1 wind/water proof trousers.
2 or 1 long sleeved thermal shirts, 1 thermal T-shits, 1 thermal jacket or sweater, 1 down jacket, preferable wool attached one.
: 1 pc of roll foam or air mattress, 1 warm sleeping bag.
1 head lump and spare batteries, 1 pair or 1 pc of walking sticks, 1 pair of sunglasses or ice goggles, Sun block cream or Lotion, Lipstick cream, First Aid Kit, Camera + films with its spare batteries, passport book, a day pack, a rucksack or safari bag.
: Drinking water bottle (NALGEN) or any other brand like SIGG or optional, camel pack.
These Items can be also hired here in Arusha before your Trek,
Day by Day Program
DAY 1: KILIMANJARO INTL AIRPORT/ARUSHA
Pick up on your arrival and drop you at hotel booked for overnight. Overnight at Mvuli hotel.
DAY 2: ARUSHA/MARANGU
Breakfast, drive from your overnight hotel to Marangu gate, there we will spend some time for registration, payment of fees and final parking. Start climbing through dense semi – trpical to the first Hut – Mandara hut (9,000ft).Dinner and overnight at mandara hut, F.B
DAY 3: MANDARA/HOROMBO
Early breakfast then ascend through the alpine meadow, grassland and moor land to Horombo hut(12,000ft).Both mawenzi and kibo peaks can be viewed easily on the way. Dinner and overnight stay at Horombo hut, F,B
DAY 4: HOROMBO/KIBO
After breakfast, further ascending to Kibo hut(15,000ft).The landscape becomes very stony and eroded. Spectacular mountain vegetation like giant cactus, groundswell and lobelia appear on the way. Dinner and overnight stay at Kibo hut, F.B
DAY 5: KIBO/HOROMBO
Wake up at midnight, have some snacks and coffee then proceed to the summit through Gilman’s point (18,640ft).Its about 5-6 hours and 1-2 hours from Kibo hut to Gilman’s point and from Gilman’s point to Uhuru peak(19,340ft) respectively. Thus reaching the peak in the early morning of the fifth day and descending after pictures taking on the top to Horombo hut for dinner and overnight F.B
DAY 6: MARANGU/MOSHI
After breakfast, descend from Horombo hut to marangu gate. The waiting car will take you back to Moshi town to your overnight hotel at Alteza lodge.
DAY 7: MOSHI/KILIMANJARO INTL AIRPORT.
After breakfast you will drive to Kilimanjaro Airport for your flight back home.