8-Day Flying Safari to Shaba, Lewa and Masai Mara. See three of the richest game reserves in Kenya on this exciting flying safari. Begin your journey in remote Shaba Nature Reserve, located in the eastern corner of the Samburu eco-system, where you can search for the “Special 5.” Next, visit Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, flanked by Mt. Kenya to the south and the arid lowlands to the north. It is here where you will have your best chance to see endangered black rhinos. Finally, you’ll revel in a “Big 5” Masai Mara safari in the heart of the African bush.
Summary: 2 Nights Shaba | 2 Nights Lewa | 4 Nights Maasai Mara
Shaba National Reserve
- Experience the fascinating landscapes north of Mount Kenya in absolute seclusion.
- Enjoy the fascinating vegetation and the lesser-known animal species living in this region.
- Reserve is surrounded by imposing mountain ranges and intersected by the Ewasa Ngiro River.
- Home to a wide variety of wildlife including the rare and endangered black rhinos, Grevy's zebras and sitatungas.
- The big five (lion, leopards, elephants, rhinos and Cape buffaloes).
- Holds over 12% of Kenya's eastern black rhinoceros population
- The largest single population of Grevy's zebras in the world.
Masai Mara Game Reserve
- Unlimited game viewing drives
- Experience the Big Five
- World-famous Mara – rolling grassland, acacia trees & immense herds of zebras and wildebeest
- Exciting and colourful Maasai culture
Price: From $5,590 per person
- Transport in Land cruiser jeep
- English speaking Driver/guide
- Game drives
- Accommodation in lodges
- Meals on Full Board
- Mineral water
- All Park Entrance Fees,
- Soft & alcoholic drinks
- Things of personal nature
- International Airfares, Visa Fees
- Optional activities unless specified as included
- Tips and other gratitude
All prices are in US Dollars per person based on double occupancy accommodations unless otherwise stated.
Day by Day Program
Day 1: Arrive Nairobi/Shaba National Reserve:
Upon arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (Nairobi), you will transfer to Wilson Airport to connect with your scheduled flight to Samburu. (Pre-night in Nairobi can be arranged at an additional cost). On arrival in Samburu National Park, you will be met by your guide and transferred to camp, located in Shaba National Reserve, with game viewing en route. Enjoy lunch at camp and an afternoon activity. Shaba National Reserve was made famous for its association with the world-famous conservationists Joy and George Adamson and the film “Born Free. Overnight at Joy’s Camp. (L, D)
Day 2: Shaba National Reserve
Enjoy shared safari activities in Shaba Nature Reserve. Activities include game drives, guided walks, painting, swimming, spa treatments, and cultural visits (some at an additional cost). Overnight at Joy’s Camp. (B, L, D)
Day 3: Lewa Wildlife Conservancy
After breakfast, you will be transferred by road to Lewa Safari Camp. This is a scenic drive to enjoy the beautiful landscapes of northern Kenya. Lewa Wildlife Conservancy is home to about 10% of Kenya‘s black rhino population and the largest population of Grevy’s zebra in the world. After lunch, enjoy an afternoon activity. Overnight at Lewa Safari Camp. (B, L, D)
Day 4: Lewa Wildlife Conservancy
Enjoy a full day of shared safari activities in Lewa Wilderness Conservancy. Activities include game drives, guided walks, swimming, spa treatment, horse or camel riding and cultural visits (some at an additional cost). Overnight at Lewa Safari Camp. (B, L, D, Dr)
Day 5: Masai Mara
After breakfast, transfer to the local airstrip for your scheduled flight to the Masai Mara. During certain months of the year, the Masai Mara is home to the wildebeest migration. Upon arrival, you will be met by your guide and transfer to camp with game viewing en route. After lunch, enjoy an afternoon safari activity. Overnight at Elephant Pepper Camp. (B, L, D, Dr)
Day 6 & 7: Masai Mara
Enjoy two day of shared safari activities in the Masai Mara. Activities include game drives, guided walks, and cultural visits. Overnights at Elephant Pepper Camp. (B, L, D, Dr)
Day 8: Masai Mara/Depart
After a last game drive in the Masai Mara, you will be transferred to the airstrip for your scheduled flight back to Nairobi. Upon arrival, a representative will meet and transfer you to your Nairobi hotel (booked separately) or to the international airport for your journey home. (B)